So yeah, I'm ashamed at how long it's been since I've posted. Ah well, its okay.

I have to get in the shower, but I thought I would update first, so I've got my new "Paste Magazine" music sampler in and I'm ready to go. I love Paste magazine. (Thank you Christina for getting it for me for Christmas :-) ) If you like secular magazines and are over... 17 or 18, this is a real winner.




Happy news! Josh got a job! At Radioshack. Wooooohhhhoooooo! I did a very thrilled dance when I listened to that voicemail. We celebrated that night by each getting a pint of Ben and Jerry's, which was on sale. I got the "Creme Brulee" which was awesome! Especially with the swirl of chocolate I put in it.


He starts sometime next week. Please pray he gets lots of hours as it is a "temp" position. I'm still looking for a job. :-/ So if anyone wants to hire me in Shelby, here I am! :-p

Other than that, we haven't had any super exciting news.

I have started learning how to play chess from Josh. Its fun. At first it was so easy to want to get frustrated, but I gritted down and decided to force my brain to do it. We started "playing" at 12 am. ("Okay, so this one is called... the rook?" "Yes, and no, you can't call him Dwayne." "Okay." "So tell me, how many moves can the rook make and what will be the best position for him. And what's my next move?" "Um... I don't know?") (For the record, I wasn't a pest about it, I really did try.) We finally stopped playing at 2:15am. Wowzers.

Then the next night I randomly decided to open up the two really old computers we had and see what they had. Next thing, an hour later, we had put all the good parts in one and had a working computer. Then we spent an hour getting the network card to work.

So anybody have any interesting stories to tell so I can be amused? :-p

Oh, I do want to know, do any of you have a weekly show you watch?

Josh and I have been watching "Sanctuary" and I watch "Bones" and *ahem* "Greek". Lately we've been working our way through series. Like SG1, Psych, Roar and our current one, Band of Brothers. (I love that show and insisted Josh had to see it. He likes it so far.) I think we have "Freaks and Geeks" up next. But that will probably be in a few weeks.
It sounds like a lot of shows, but remember Josh is a film major, movies are important.
By the way, if you are like me and fear is a problem... don't watch the first Resident Evil. The other two are fine, but gosh, the first one sparked fear in me. I gotta conquer that.

Oh! Josh and I went to the first church we've gone to for the point of "visiting" to try to find a home church. No we haven't been total heathens, either we've been away or had company or went to a church for all but two weeks.

The people were really nice and the building was very nicely done. I liked the atmosphere. But unfortunately, we don't agree with their teaching. I can't go to a church that I only agree with half of what they say. I think 3/4 is a good mixture. But otherwise, any less than that and you're torn the whole time and really end up confused and frustrated.

Well good day folks, I hope its a great one.

0 comments