Ha, I'm just teasing with the title.

Today we got up at 11ish, to the sound of our doorbell ringing 20 times. See, we bought a wireless doorbell and stuck it on the door of the basement and the "ringer" is in our bedroom. Anyway! I had told my brother-in-law Dustin to ring it 17 times to make sure we awoke.
Well he went all "the extra mile" on us and did 20. Oh well.

We got up... quickly. Got breakfast and got dressed... then we prepared for what would turn out to be about a 3 hour airsoft game. It was so much fun! Josh and I were a team. And Dustin, Nathan and Michael were a team. I'd never played before, but they got "advantage" cause we had the better guns. The area was no wider than 50 yards at the widest and about 200 yards. Lots of trees, briers and a creek.

The scenario was "Capture The Flag". Dustin, Michael and Nathan had the flag and we had to capture it and get it back to our base. Flag was dropped if you were killed and the defending team couldn't move it.
And yes, we did lose. But we lost valiantly. We had done three attacks, keeping them close to their end. We had em with Dustin at 1 Kill, Nathan, 2 Kills and Michael, 0 Kills. And they had killed me and Josh once. (Three kills and you were out of the game. A kill came about if you were shot four times in any combination of limbs, 2 in the back or stomach or once in the head or chest.) But then they snuck up on us while we were reloading. I happened to see them by sheer luck. So we knew they were at our end, hiding, and generally (within 15 feet) where. But what we didn't know was Dustin was in the "raven", in water, with three fallen logs covering him. Scared Josh to death when Dustin opened fire. At first, we thought we were in some serious trouble. Nathan was on the bank and Dustin was in the raven with excellent cover and Michael was... somewhere. But I pulled a really risky move and ran around our cover, which was a couple trees and bushes on the opposite bank from Nathan, and got directly in Dustin's line of fire, with Josh offering cover fire (and a clear shot on him too) and then I opened fire. And man! I got him! I was so proud of myself. Josh and I had pinned him down good and I had killed him. Beautiful.

So now the score was Dustin-2, Nathan-2, Michael-0, Me-1 and Josh-1.

But then they came back, pushed us tight and killed us off. We were close to our regeneration zone, but we had no where to go to get cover.

So we died.

It was sad.

We are sore.

But we had a lot of fun.

:-)

The End

0 comments