I have to admit, this Thanksgiving is bittersweet. I'm so very happy to have my wonderful husband... he is definitely at the top of my "thankful list".

But its a little sad too, cause this is my first holiday without my mom, dad, brothers, grandmother, grandfather, aunt, uncle and cousins and all my friends, including my best one, Sylver. And I miss them so much. We sadly couldn't go to Florida with my parents due to Josh working. I'm not mad, and I definitely am so thankful that it's because I have a husband and he has a job. But I'm homesick and have been fighting tears all day.

I just received a Thanksgiving card from my grandmother, and that ruined me. I'm now a teary mess. I would give up chocolate for a year for a hug from my mom right now.

I'm thankful.

Edit!
My mom, not knowing about this post, sent me this picture after I sent her a text saying "I miss you.


Caption:
"Me hugging you"

3 comments

  1. Unknown on November 26, 2008 at 7:34 PM

    I've had a few Thanksgivings without my fam when I was away at college... But that doesn't make this one any easier. Being 2600 miles from home or only 100 miles from home-- you're still not with the family you love.

    But it's true-- having a job is definitely something to be very thankful for! Not to mention an awesome husband :)

     
  2. skye britni on November 27, 2008 at 8:49 AM

    Awwwww, yeah. Being away from home or with the people you love or in simpler terms for what I am trying to say, your family, especially on the holidays is hard. I love you mam, and I keep you and Josh in my prayers daily. <3 Happy Thanksgiving! I love you. :]

     
  3. deanapaige on January 13, 2009 at 11:45 PM

    I am feeling the same thing.
    And knowing that what I've chosen as a career leaves little margin for family,
    I'm even more saddened.

    I understand to the utmost degree,
    well, aside from the being married part.

    I hope you're doing well.
    :)