So I had other stuff to blog about... but I don't remember what it is. I'm just going to tell you a story, that I do remember, instead.

One of the very first things that Josh and I noticed about each other is how very alike we are. I would guess it to be 85-95% of the questions we asked each other, the other liked exactly the same thing. Well the more you are together, the more you noticed what is different. Yes, we are very much alike, but we have differences of course. But, that said, I love it when we come across another similarity.

Josh and I made a deal a while back to put aside 10% of every paycheck/cash we get into savings just for us. We haven't always been able too, but we each had a little. Recently, it's been Christmas and our dream of having an Xbox 360. He had $25 stored away somewhere and I had $20. We each had about $5 to add to our "hiding places". I have an old gun. It doesn't work, but looks really cool and pirate-y. (Actually its type of gun that is crossed on the National Guard's symbol.) Anywho, the gun has a cool wooden box case. So I have just been putting little memory things in it and the money. Thus, I shut the bedroom door, reached up on the bookshelf and hid it in the box. Then I left the room and Josh had his turn. He came out a few minutes later and said "well we should have seen this coming. You're a pirate... I'm a pirate, of course this would happen." I laughed, seeing where it was going. Yep! My husband and I, with our alike pirate-mindedness, had both chosen the same hiding place. I never noticed because I didn't take it down off the bookshelf, but instead just opened the lid of the box and put it in there.

So there you go... Josh and I are alike. :-p

I love him.

0 comments